Building Operator 24/7 - Scarborough, ON
With almost 50 years’ experience throughout North America, Angus Consulting Management Limited (“ACML”) is one of Canada’s most trusted facility operations management companies. We have extensive knowledge managing critical environments including data centres, healthcare facilities, commercial facilities, central utility plants and Public Private Partnership projects.
We’re are currently looking for a Building Operator, with extensive Data Centre experience, to provide day-to-day operations and maintenance to the facility, delivering a high level of facilities management services to the client
Work shall include but not necessary be bound by the following:
- Perform daily rounds and record readings for all major equipment including but not limited to temperatures, pressures, electrical readings, etc. Document and inspect for irregularities in readings.
- Review and complete daily entries into engineer's log.
- Complete preventive/demand maintenance tasks including but not limited to chemical treatment maintenance, filter changes, belt replacement, lubrications, cleaning of utility rooms, maintenance of fire prevention systems, testing and inspecting equipment for proper operation and input histories if required.
- Start-up/shutdown major building equipment as required or directed.
- Inspect, operate, maintain and repair mechanical/electrical systems including but not limited to boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, pumps, generators, uninterruptible power supplies, life safety system, etc., and ensure all equipment are operated in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable government codes and regulations.
- Monitor electrical power distribution system and building automation system and respond to alarms expeditiously and methodically.
- Mitigate risk to raised floor operation by reacting to abnormal incidents, managing service support and communicating details to supervisor and client.
- Be familiar with the data center systems, equipment and control schemes.
- Complete any duties as requested by the client’s Standard Operating Procedures in order to minimize risk to raised floor operation.
- Use the Angus Anywhere maintenance management system to administer preventive and demand maintenance tasks.
- Receive and verify shipments and maintain inventory of spares, consumables and tools.
- Maintain a concise control document record of all procedures carried out, inventory of paper forms and control documents providing a concise record of procedures carried out.
- Assist other contractors/trades as required.
- Maintain a clean work environment
Hours of Work:
- Rotating Day/Afternoon/Night Shifts coverage; some overtime.
- OSSGD or equivalent.
- Building Environmental Studies, Operating Engineer certification, Engineering Technologist, provincial trade certification of qualification, or related diploma/degree/certification.
- 5+ years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of critical facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written).
Interested applicants are encouraged to send in resume to firstname.lastname@example.org