Building Operator - Data Centre - Ottawa
Work shall include but not necessary be bound by the following:
- Perform daily rounds and record readings for all major equipment including but not limited to temperatures, pressures, electrical readings, etc. Document and inspect for irregularities in readings.
- Review and complete daily entries into engineer's log.
- Complete preventive/demand maintenance tasks including but not limited to chemical treatment maintenance, filter changes, belt replacement, lubrications, cleaning of utility rooms, maintenance of fire prevention systems, testing and inspecting equipment for proper operation and input histories if required.
- Start-up/shutdown major building equipment as required or directed.
- Inspect, operate, maintain and repair mechanical/electrical systems including but not limited to boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, pumps, generators, uninterruptible power supplies, life safety system, etc., and ensure all equipment are operated in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable government codes and regulations.
- Monitor electrical power distribution system and building automation system and respond to alarms expeditiously and methodically.
- Mitigate risk to raised floor operation by reacting to abnormal incidents, managing service support and communicating details to supervisor and client.
- Be familiar with the data centre systems, equipment and control schemes.
- Complete any duties as requested by the client’s Standard Operating Procedures in order to minimize risk to raised floor operation.
- Use the Angus Anywhere maintenance management system to administer preventive and demand maintenance tasks.
- Receive and verify shipments and maintain inventory of spares, consumables and tools.
- Maintain a concise control document record of all procedures carried out, inventory of paper forms and control documents providing a concise record of procedures carried out.
- Assist other contractors/trades as required.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday; Day coverage; some overtime, on-call.
- May be required to carry a mobile device.
- Work requires some exposure to more intense situations when responding to client requests.
- Work requires utilizing tools/repairing systems that could cause physical injury if not handled/operated following safety practices/procedures.
- Exposure to elements - majority of work indoors; some exposure to outdoor environment.
- Lifting requirements - maximum 50 lbs.
- Repetitive physical effort - majority of work is non-repetitive.
- Elevated working conditions - use of ladder; scissor lift (training required), etc.
- Confined space may be applicable (training required).
- OSSGD or equivalent.
- Building Environmental Studies, Operating Engineer certification, Engineering Technologist, provincial trade certification of qualification, or related diploma/degree/certification.
- 5+ years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of critical facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written).
- Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send in resume to email@example.com. Please include job posting #xxxx in the subject line.