Carpenter - Fort St. John
This position is responsible for the maintenance of all architectural aspects of the facility, including repairs to equipment and furniture in the Hospital/Peace Villa
- Perform the ongoing maintenance and/or installation of; cabinets, millwork, drywall (patch & paint,) flooring, doors, hardware, closures, wall hung items, keyboard tray systems, etc.
- Fabrication of specialty wood or plastic items.
- Observe and implement safety regulations and practices.
- Observe/implement applicable regulations of provincial and federal status and municipal by-laws.
- Order supplies and materials for carpentry stock; ensure stock is maintained in a secure location with up-to date inventory records.
- Demonstrate good daily housekeeping habits within carpenter shop.
- Maintain cleanliness of all shops and mechanical rooms.
- Work within hospital’s Emergency/WHMIS & Departmental Procedures, and demonstrate safe work habits and techniques.
- Attend safety training sessions.
- Participate in and support other duties as assigned to assist other maintenance trades.
- Respond and assist with all Hospital/Peace Villa emergency codes.
- Perform and assist with security duties as required; may include but are not limited to: escorts (staff and patient), patrols, restricting access to non-public areas, providing off-hour accesses to non-public areas, monitoring surveillance equipment (such as CCTV), maintaining security equipment, and other duties as outlined in the Performance Agreement and departmental policies and procedures.
- Able to work stand-by-hours shift work and overtime.
- Act in accordance with the commitment to safe and compassionate patient care and a safe and healthy work environment.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations including but not limited to: use or wear of equipment or protective devices or clothing for safety purposes, report to their manager any contravention of this Act or regulations or the existence of any known hazards.
- Successful completion of Grade 12
- 10 years of experience with some exposure in a hospital environment.
- Capable of reading and understanding drawings and maintenance manuals.
- Skilled in troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or with a team with minimal supervision.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Act and all applicable codes.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and internet computer skills.
- Must successfully complete environmental, safety, and any other training required by corporate policy.
- Criminal records checks are required.
- Lifts, carries, pushes, or pulls a variety of materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Climb, balances, stoops, kneels and crouches.
- Prolonged walking and standing.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send in resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.