Chief Operating Engineer – 3rd Class or Refrigeration Class “B - Ottawa & Gatineau
We’re looking for a Chief Operating Engineer to oversee day-to-day operations and maintenance of a facility, including directing staff and contractors, and delivering a high level of facilities management services to the client.
Our ideal candidate will have strong technical/operational capabilities with past experience in monitoring building systems and equipment. They will have excellent customer service skills in ensuring client requests are responded to, and appropriate corrective measures are taken. They will be flexible and adaptive to client and project needs. Lastly, this individual will be responsible for compiling a monthly client report, participate in the development of infrastructure plans, oversee projects, and play a coaching/mentorship role to their staff.
- Inspect and monitor building systems/equipment, testing as required and ensuring systems operating within specified tolerances;
- Respond to client requests ensuring a high level of satisfaction;
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to staff;
- Schedule staff duties; direct and monitor work carried out by staff and contractors;
- Complete monthly client reports, review site policies and procedures, prepare for site audits, etc.;
- Participate in development of short/long-term infrastructure plans, acquisition of capital equipment/ supplies/inventory, and discussions re: expanded FM services;
- Participate in tendering process and negotiation of costs/fees with suppliers/contractors (as required);
- Maintain Computerized Maintenance Management System including preventative maintenance schedules/plans, updated site-specific task cards, review/adjust system maintenance schedules (as required), etc.;
- Liaise with regulatory agencies as required (i.e., TSSA/RBQ).
- Must possess a 3rd Class Operating Engineers Certificate or Refrigeration Class B;
- Previous supervisory experience in facilities maintenance and operations;
- Demonstrated capabilities re: accountability, judgement, decision-making, problem solving, etc.;
- Proven ability to effectively interact with clients, tenants, management and staff;
- Possesses personal leadership attributes including; integrity, trustworthiness, results focused, high standards, commitment, ethical values and achievement oriented;
- Proven ability to foster/develop/maintain relationships with internal/external contacts;
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to work a Mon-Sun daytime shift;
- Bilingual in French and English is preferred.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a resume to email@example.com.