Electrical Technician - Richmond, BC
Work shall include but not necessary be bound by the following:
- Escalate unusual events/occurrences to supervisor
- Troubleshoot/repair building automation system
- Complete preventive/demand maintenance tasks; input histories if required
- Respond to tenant requests and emergencies
- Monitor work of contractors/external service providers to ensure adherence to company/industry standards
- Participate in review of operating policies/procedures as required
- Work in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable codes
- Provide feedback on proposed renovations re: impact on existing infrastructure systems if required
- Troubleshoot electrical issues; complete minor repairs
- Complete minor repairs/maintenance of UPS systems
- Replace ballasts
- Complete maintenance/repair of: building lighting systems; transfer switch; VFD; etc.
- Conduct visual inspection of high voltage switch gear
- Maintain/service and repair/replace: motor control centres, switches, breakers/ switchboard components, fixtures, branch circuit wiring, transformers, capacitors, transfer switches, electrical and electric/pneumatic control devices, etc.
- Operate/complete minor servicing of: chiller, life safety systems, heat pumps, air conditioners, air handling units, power generating equipment, etc.
Hours of Work:
Day shift or shift work; some overtime, may be required to be on-call
- Secondary school or equivalent
- BC or interprovincial trade certification of qualification in Electrical
- 5 years in the operation and maintenance of facilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written)
Interested applicants are encouraged to send in resume to email@example.com.