Manager, Facilities Management Services (P3 Hospital) - Victoria, BC
This position holds the overall P3 management responsible for the delivery of plant services, security services, grounds keeping and utilities services. Services will be provided to meet our contractual requirements and in a manner consistent with industry best practices, ensuring a safe and reliable environment for the delivery of healthcare related services. This position draws upon knowledge of facility management, building operations, budget management, people management, contract management, and public relations established through industry experience and technical knowledge. The incumbent will draw on the comprehensive knowledge of ACML’s business, performance standards, operating policies/procedures, and applicable municipal, provincial and federal legislative requirements.
- Oversees day-to-day FM Services in accordance with Project Agreement including facility operations and maintenance, as well as grounds keeping, Help Desk and Security services.
- Meets with client to discuss maintenance and life cycle planning, capital expenditures, service plans, etc.
- Ensures that the service delivered meets the requirement of the FM Services Agreement, company objectives, health and safety standards, and all applicable codes and regulations.
- Anticipates short and long-term client needs and develops options for consideration.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the management of a complex facility with diverse client interests.
- Applies processes, procedures and protocols to diverse client situations.
- Develops monthly and annual reports and comprehensive business plans for facility considering performance objectives to meet requirements of Project Agreement.
- Monitors/analyzes and reports on facility results relative to deliverables as outlined in Project Agreement.
- Establishes, develops and implements maintenance and operations goals/objectives consistent with Project Agreement requirements, good industry practices and applicable municipal, provincial and federal legislative requirements.
- Develops appropriate systems/processes to ensure effective/efficient facility operations.
- Develops/implements minor works and capital budgets within project performance standards; monitors expenditures, variance analysis and reporting; takes corrective action as required.
- Manages recruitment, mentoring, coaching and professional development of staff; supervises staff; provides work direction/assignment of duties to meet operational requirements; establishes performance plan/individual goals with staff and reviews performance; identifies training/educational requirements as needed.
- Investigates work issues and/or staff performance issues and initiates appropriate disciplinary action.
- Oversees development/continuous improvement of maintenance programs; applies planning/scheduling techniques and risk-mitigation strategies to ensure effective delivery of preventive, predictive and responsive maintenance; ensures appropriate use of computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Procures/manages work of external service providers directly or through subordinate supervisor; negotiates/monitors contractual agreements for specialized maintenance, purchased services, grounds and renovation work as required.
- Manages assigned construction, renovation and/or maintenance projects; liaises with stakeholders and coordinates activities of staff, consultants, and contractors to ensure project requirements are met and facility impacts are minimized.
- Oversees development/improvement of policies, procedures, and programs in accordance with applicable codes, regulations and standards; ensures compliance by employees and external service providers; collaborates with, and provides technical and logistical support to client.
- Develops/prioritizes capital infrastructure renewal plans in consultation with corporate ACML and client; participates as a member of client's organization as a subject matter expert within area of expertise.
- Participates in development/activation of business continuity plans in cooperation with client and hospital administration.
- Ensures facilities are maintained consistent with best practices re: energy conservation, carbon footprint reduction, and other relevant environmental standards.
- Provides support in specific areas such as infrastructure, technical standards, systems commissioning, contract management and safety or integrity management.
- Meets with client to promote services offered and to provide advice on enhancements, etc.
- Oversees surveillance and alarm systems.
- Takes reasonable steps to ensure safety of staff, patients, residents, and visitors.
- University/college graduate in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- 7-10 years related and progressive facilities management experience in a health care environment; or
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge/understanding of Occupational Health & Safety Act; building codes and applicable standards/regulations.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Intermediate level computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project).
- Ability to work within limits/standards set by fire, building and other codes/regulations pertaining to maintenance functions.
- Proven ability to analyze, organize, prioritize and delegate.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send in resume to email@example.com