Manager, Operations, Facilities Management Services - Vancouver
This position is responsible for a portfolio of properties and provides leadership and direction to staff, manages client relations, oversees technical operations, and participates in business development initiatives.
- Develops and maintains client relations; ascertains long-term client needs, provides facility updates, makes recommendations on enhancements, and provides solutions for complex issues.
- Reviews site specific financial information and makes recommendations; analyzes/reviews major capital expenditures with client.
- Understands company objectives and applicable project agreements.
- Reviews site monthly reports and business plans considering performance objectives and deliverables.
- Assists staff in tendering process, negotiates costs with suppliers and contractors as required.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff; assists with site recruitment, coaches staff; investigates performance issues and recommends action, assists with staff assignment of duties, conducts performance reviews, facilitates employee goal setting and identifies training/educational/professional development requirements.
- Participates in operational meetings and on committees as required.
- Oversees the quality control of assigned sites to ensure they are meeting ISO 9001, quality checks, policies and procedures.
- Provides expertise in the development and improvement of facilities maintenance programs (i.e., planning, scheduling, risk-mitigation, preventative maintenance, proper use of CMMS, etc.).
- Reviews energy monitoring and supports client initiatives (i.e., energy efficiency).
- Ensures site compliance with health and safety standards and applicable codes and regulations.
- Provides technical support related to life safety system failures, equipment breakdowns, etc.
- Provides operational support such as new site start-ups.
- Participates in planning/implementation of new business initiatives, assist with identifying new market segments, and assists in the preparation of RFP responses.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in facilities maintenance and operations
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study (e.g., Building Environmental Studies, Facilities Management, Engineering, etc.).
- Understanding of Occupational Health & Safety, codes, standards and regulations pertaining to facilities maintenance and operations.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); ability to excel in a team environment.
- Critical, logical and strategic thinking.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize and implement.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Interested applicants are encouraged to send in resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.