Operating Engineer – 4th Class or Refrigeration Class “B” - Ottawa & Gatineau
We’re looking for Operating Engineers to provide day-to-day operations and maintenance of a facility, delivering a high level of facilities management services to the client.
Our ideal candidates will have strong technical/operational capabilities with past experience in monitoring building systems and equipment. They will have excellent customer service skills in ensuring client requests are responded to, and appropriate corrective measures are taken.
- Inspect and monitor building systems/equipment, testing as required and ensuring systems operating within specified tolerances;
- Respond to client requests ensuring a high level of satisfaction;
- Perform maintenance and operations including preventative, correct and demand maintenance, inspect equipment and systems;
- Direct and monitor work carried out by staff and contractors;
- Maintain Computerized Maintenance Management System including preventative maintenance schedules/plans, updated site-specific task cards, review/adjust system maintenance schedules (as required), etc.;
- Liaise with regulatory agencies as required (i.e., TSSA/RBQ).
- Must possess a 4th Class Operating Engineers Certificate or Refrigeration Class “B”;
- Previous experience in facilities maintenance and operations;
- Demonstrated capabilities re: accountability, judgement, decision-making, problem solving, etc.;
- Proven ability to effectively interact with clients, tenants, management and staff;
- Possesses personal leadership attributes including; integrity, trustworthiness, results focused, high standards, commitment, ethical values and achievement oriented;
- Proven ability to foster/develop/maintain relationships with internal/external contacts;
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and able to work a Mon-Sun daytime shift;
- Bilingual in French and English is preferred.