Operations Manager (Western Region) - Vancouver
This position is responsible for a portfolio of properties and provides: leadership/direction; manages client expectations/relations; manages technical operations; facilitates employee relations; participates in business development and interacts with senior management/client’s business operations to sustain in-scope services while providing stewardship.
- Develops/maintains client relations; ascertains long-term client needs/goals; meets with client to obtain facility performance updates; provides advice on facility enhancement; recommends solutions to complex issues; promotes ACML services and new business initiatives;
- Implements client programs; executes effective actions to meet/exceed expectations, commitments and service delivery; obtains client feedback and utilizes for process improvement;
- Reviews/interprets financial information and makes recommendation; analyzes/reviews major capital expenditures with client;
- Makes complicated facility decisions including financial (within approved budget), relational and operational decisions;
- Understands company objectives and applicable project agreements;
- Develops site goals/objectives in collaboration with staff; guides staff in development/management analysis of operational plans and effective communications;
- Supports staff during client discussions re: facility enhancements, capital expenditures, development/prioritization of capital infrastructure renewal plans, asset plans, etc.
- Reviews site monthly reports and business plans considering performance objectives/deliverables;
- Assists staff in tendering process; negotiates costs/fees with suppliers/contractors as required;
- Provides supervision/leadership/direction to staff; manages recruitment process; mentors/coaches staff; investigates performance issues/recommends action; assists with schedules/assignment of duties; conducts performance reviews; facilitates employee goal setting; identifies training/educational/professional development requirements;
- Attends/participates in operational meetings and on committees as required;
- Directs/manages implementation of quality control and risk reduction programs (i.e., policies, procedures, ISO 9001, etc.);
- Provides expertise in development/improvement of maintenance programs; applies planning/scheduling techniques and risk-mitigation strategies to ensure effective delivery of preventative, predictive and response maintenance; ensures appropriate use/maintenance of computerized maintenance management system (CMMS);
- Reviews energy monitoring; supports client initiatives re: energy efficiency/conservation;
- Ensures site compliance re: health and safety standards, as well as applicable codes/regulations;
- Provides technical support re: life safety system failures, equipment breakdowns, etc.; investigates root cause;
- Provides operational support re: new business (from start-up to completion) according to schedule, specifications and budget;
- In collaboration with next level of management, defines skill/competency gaps and creates/ implements personal/career development plans;
- Participates in planning/implementation of new business initiatives; conducts market research/analysis; identifies new market segments; stays current re: developments in external market; recommends innovative business strategies; assists in preparation of RFI/RFP responses;
- Participates in development/implementation of strategic marketing plans.
- Minimum 15 years related/progressive facilities maintenance and operations management experience;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant field of study (e.g., Engineering, Facilities Management, etc.); or a professional designation as a Certified Engineering Technician/ Technologist (CET); or a professional engineer licensed in Canada (P. Eng); or combination of education, training and experience;
- Project management experience; demonstrated ability to effectively manage from design to hand over;
- Knowledge/understanding of Occupational Health & Safety Act; building/fire/other codes and applicable standards/regulations pertaining to facilities maintenance and operations;
- Strong communication/presentation skills (verbal and written); ability to excel in a team environment;
- Critical, logical and strategic thinking/analysis;
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize and implement;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Interested applicants are encouraged to send in resume to email@example.com. Please include job posting #1116 in the subject line.