Plumber - Vancouver, BC
With almost 50 years’ experience throughout North America, Angus Consulting Management Limited (“ACML”) is one of Canada’s most trusted facility operations management companies.
We have extensive knowledge managing critical environments including data centres, healthcare facilities, commercial facilities, central utility plants and Public Private Partnership projects. We’re looking for a Plumber to join our team within the Vancouver International Airport.
Duties and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Plumber with 5 years maintenance experience, who will be able to provide Monitor, troubleshoot, adjust and plumbing related issues.
- Perform repairs such as replace toilets, urinals, flush-o-meters, faucets, drinking fountains, etc.; clear/snake sinks, toilets and drains; re-pack valves, replace mixing valves; repair and/or replace piping as required; water feature maintenance
- Monitors physical operation of plumbing systems/equipment, ensuring equipment and systems are operating properly;
- Monitor work of contractors/external service providers to ensure adherence to company/industry standards.
- Assists other general maintainers and supervisors with maintenance of equipment such as flooring, electrical, filter changes, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to the airport and ensure client requests are responded and appropriate corrective measures are taken.
- Responds to escalations related to unsafe conditions, hazards and emergencies related to plumbing maintenance;
- When needed, completes preventative and demand maintenance tasks; input information into Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Our ideal candidates will be dynamic, resourceful, skillful & handy;
- Minimum 5 years plumbing experience as Journeyman / Service Technician / Maintenance with working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of facilities
- Trades qualification (i.e., Journeyman Red Seal certificate)
- BC or interprovincial trade certification in Plumbing
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Knowledge/understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other applicable standards/regulations pertaining to facilities maintenance and operations;
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively (written and oral);
Hours of Work
Shifts rotation Monthly
- Morning: 08:00 to 16:30
- Afternoon: 16:00 to 24:30
- Overnight: 24:00 to 08:30 (Only in case of emergency or Sick call/vacation coverage)
- $1.75 per hours when working Afternoon shift
- $2.25 per hour when working Overnight and Weekend shift
Compensation Package and Perks
- We offer a great compensation package including:
- Health/medical/dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Retirement pension plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- And so much more!
To apply, submit your resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org