Specialist - Analytics - Toronto
We’re looking for a Specialist Analytics to provide day-to-day controls and technical operations delivering 24/7 services. In addition, overseeing the general and complex daily aspects for a specific client in a manner consistent with industry best practices ensuring facilities management service are delivered in accordance with ACML’s performance-based services agreement in a safe and reliable environment.
They will have excellent customer service skills in ensuring client requests are responded to, and appropriate corrective measures are taken.
Work shall include but is not necessarily bound by the following:
- Recognized as the technical leader on-site. Supports all customers, as needed, through technical expertise and knowledge of equipment and systems. Is responsible for on-the-job training, mentorship for control room and is accountable for all control room activities.
- Provides technical solutions to very complex control system problems by either troubleshooting the system, and/or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires thorough understanding of systems software and ability recommend improvement modifications to processes as needed.
- Diagnoses and repairs complex control system problems, requiring an extensive knowledge of electrical and digital controls systems
- Uses of trend analysis to identify problems in a proactive manner – through building automation system information or Iconics based information.
- Ongoing assessment of control strategies to identify potential improvements.
- Works from complex drawings/sketches/manuals and provide suggestions for field changes to enhance system performance and minimize issues.
- Assist clients project team to develop project schedules including determining ACML/AFML resources and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Leads team in delivery of quality service and focusses on client satisfaction and occupant comfort.
- Inspects and ensures that all work performed by the control room team is accurate and up to quality standards.
- Ensures that contract obligations and any customer requirements are met, completely and accurately.
- Adheres to all ACML and customer safety standards.
- Ensures accuracy, timeliness and completeness of performance appraisals, team training requirements and completion of time sheets, purchase orders, and credits.
- Applies/adheres to policies, procedures and processes that facilitate delivery of safe/efficient facilities management services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- In collaboration with Manager, Facilities Management Services identifies staff skill/competency gap(s) and facilitates development/implementation of staff training initiatives.
- Assists with the coordination and monitoring of subcontractors, suppliers.
- Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided and recommendations on system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directive updates and/or scheduling changes.
- Provides risk mitigation on customer satisfaction, warranty issues and assists with notification of deficiencies.
- Investigates service requests, claims and emergency events as they relate to systems issues (local or systemic), after which, providing recommendations regarding the causes and possible resolutions with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively with Manager/Supervisors Facilities Management in diagnosing and emergency rectifying issues while coordinating control room response/focus during significant events.
- Continuous improvement through conducting extensive self-study to improve and maintain technical proficiency. Completes certificates as required by the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establishes client relationships to ascertain long-term operational needs/goals and to provide solutions to complex issues; as required, participates as a subject matter/technical expert re: client initiatives/committees.
- Participates in industry associations; develops relationships within the industry to monitor trends, activities and identify best practices as related to responsibilities of the role.
- In conjunction with Manager, Facility Management Services, coordinates communication of information in a timely manner to client during events and obtains necessary/pertinent detail from other service providers and ACML/AFML team members.
- Develops strategic solutions and applies proactive/innovative thinking to complex operational, technical and management issues.
- Uses a variety of problem solving, judgement and reasoning techniques.
- Provides guidance to team members.
- Makes technical/operational decisions utilizing policies and guidelines with some flexibility to depart from policy if minimal risk to company and/or client and potential return is sizeable (provided client is in agreement). Makes complex decisions based on interpretation of policies and previous management precedent.
- Recommends changes to policies and business strategies to enhance service.
- Independently makes more complicated technical/operational suggestions and recommendations.
- Independently demonstrates an ongoing, continuous learning focus (i.e., an awareness of current skill/knowledge and an acceptance of continuous learning).
- Gains competencies and technical knowledge appropriate for this more advanced level through research, training and industry contacts.
- Seeks out opportunities for personal growth and development related to future business needs.
- In collaboration with next level of management, defines skill and competency gap and creates/implements personal/career development plans for team.
- Provides development/leadership support to direct reports including understanding of ACML’s performance-based service agreement, impact on company’s profitability within requirements of Collective Bargaining Agreement as applicable.
- Provides leadership to external service providers working on-site, as authorized, and AFML team.
- Develops goals in collaboration with Operations Manager and Manager, Facilities Management Services; establishes performance plan/individual goals with direct reports; reviews performance of direct reports; identifies training/educational requirements of direct reports as needed.
- Supports Operations Manager, Manager, Facilities Management Services and Supervisors with employee coaching; in establishing performance plan/individual goals with direct reports; and preparing and conducting employee performance reviews.
- Reviews, develops and improves related SOPs, MOPs and EOPs
- Adjusted client/property priorities often results in work being performed under tight timelines.
- Walking required to respond to tenant/operational needs.
- Exposure to some intense situations re: interaction with client/tenants.
- Post-secondary education (P. Eng (Mechanical), P. Eng. (Electrical), C.E.T. or education in related discipline) and/or;
- 10+ years recent, related, progressive, troubleshooting supervisory/management in HVAC and or building controls and/or;
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven knowledge of building systems and maintenance practices in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of appropriate legislation, relevant laws and by-laws, and provincial standards.
- Strategic thinker; self-starter; proven initiative; strong relationship-building ability; high level of professionalism; results oriented; resourceful; able to make detailed/complex judgments/decision-making/problem-solving decisions based on multiple factors.
- Proven experience as a people manager; strong leadership/coaching and supervisory/management skills; able to develop a team to achieve standards and accomplish objectives. Ability to work under pressure; organized; prioritize/deal with multiple deadlines; effectively handle stressful situations; and work with minimal direction/supervision.
- Understanding of complex sketches/drawings.
- Proficient computer skills (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
- Enhanced customer service/client management skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Experience in development/implementation of organizational processes.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Experience in managing Building Automation Systems
- Experience with Iconics an asset