Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site we:
- Do not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it. All information that you do provide is securely maintained and kept strictly confidential.
- Automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you contact us through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, title, company, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Contact Us Information.”
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the “Contact Us” Information that we collect generally to fulfill any requests placed through the Site, including providing you with any requested information. Additionally, we use this Contact Us Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with any requests you make, to provide you with information relating to our services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of any of our marketing and/or advertising).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, a search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you place a request through our Site, we will maintain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
ACML has controls in place to maintain the security of our information and information systems. Data and files are stored according to the sensitivity of the information contained therein. Controls exist, such as restricted access, on our computer systems. Physical access to areas where personal information is gathered, processed or stored is limited to authorized employees.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, concerns, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at this address: 1125 Leslie Street, Toronto, ON, M3C 2J6, Canada.