Size: 170,000 m²
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Vancouver International Airport (YVR), voted Best Airport in North America every year for the last decade, in the Skytrax World Airport Awards, is Canada’s second busiest airport. YVR serves over 100,000 passengers daily and connects to more than 125 non-stop destinations worldwide.
As a community-based organization, Vancouver Airport Authority strives to be a leader in sustainability, and upholds its core values of safety, innovation, teamwork and accountability in everything they do, including offering the traveling public a world-class airport experience.
The Airport Social Policy outlines its commitments to sound corporate practices, respect for human beings, consideration of the supply chain, positive employee relations, protection of the natural environment, support for community & consumer and a commitment to open & honest communication. The authority engages with organizations that share these values and in 2018 called on ACML to help provide 24/7 facility maintenance and operations services.
Recognizing that airports are like no other business, ACML developed a customized transition process which exceeded the expectations of YVR. We listen closely to understand and deliver on YVR’s needsLouie R. - Director, Western Canada
- Provision of 24/7 facility maintenance and operations services such as:
- General repairs
- Fan coil and HVAC maintenance
- Electrical and lighting maintenance
- Flooring repairs
- Washroom maintenance
Airports are very complex operating environments driven by a set of processes that repeat hundreds of times a day. It was paramount that all aspects of the airport’s operations were considered in developing a successful transition plan, including how our staff would interact with travellers and ensuring our ongoing activities contribute to excellent passenger experiences.
Our process is founded on the belief that a successful transition, and ongoing programs, are rooted in four key elements:
- A well orchestrated transition plan, delivered by an expert team with a proven track record of success in the airport industry
- The development of a detailed understanding of YVRA’s business to identify the optimal delivery of services to support and maintain exceptional customer service
- The assembly of a strong, multi-disciplinary team with superior technical and customer service skills, including leaders who take ownership and are accountable
- The application of a dedicated risk management and contingency planning process founded upon open and clear communications between ACML and YVRA
Since transitioning on site, our team has supported YVR’s growth. Our staff contributions align with YVR’s overall culture, goals and objectives. We help to provide excellence in Passenger Experiences.